Last modified on 5 January 2005
Current version of YHexoban is 1.17
- 05.Jan.2005 - New version of YHexoban (1.17) and HexoDup (1.02)
- 29.Apr.2003 - Metalica skin added (contributed by Gerry W.).
- 03.Jan.2003 - Bug fix. Corrected problem with colors in 256 colors video mode.
- 01.Jun.2002 - Small change in Hexoban program (v1.15)
- 12.Apr.2002 - New versions for hexoban program (v1.14)
Free Hexoban implementation for Windows 95/98/NT/2K/XP
Here is my implementation of Hexoban.
David W. Skinner suggests to implement Sokoban on a hexagonal grid.
- Unlimited undo and redo
- Reads Hexoban levels from text file (using hsb format and supporting more than one level in a file).
- Full mouse support (optimizes push path by number of pushes)
- Hints available: "where can this box go" or "which boxes could come over this hexagon"
- Remembers best solution and later replays it on demand.
- Screen shot
Download YHexoban, last version (about 132 KB)
- v 1.00: First release
- v 1.01: Mouse support implemented
- v 1.02: Minor changes in mouse pointer support
- v 1.03: Bug fix. It was possible to put initial man position on wrong hexagon (one left than desired).
- v 1.04: Remembers best solution and later replays it on demand.
- v 1.05: Keyboard settings (user could select keys to move with).
- v 1.06: Possibility to disable mouse support (for kids).
- v 1.07: Two additional counters (Box changes & Straight line pushes) implemented.
- v 1.08: Supports following keywords in level files: Author, Title and Mouse.
- v 1.09: Small change - collection combo box resizes with dialog.
- v 1.10: Bug fix in test for level equality (does not affect any of the existing levels).
- v 1.11: Bug fix - crash on invalid levels (without man). Uninstall implemented (clear registry).
- v 1.12: Skins are selected by default in options menu.
- v 1.13: Support for "shelding steps" counter.
- v 1.14: Bug fix "shelding steps" counter is now reset to zero at level start. (Thanks to V.Kindermans)
- v 1.15: Bug fix - now program correctly displays Author and title.
- v 1.16: Bug fix. Corrected problem with colors in 256 colors video mode.
- v 1.17: Bug fix (thanks to Ming for the bug report). Incorrect read of levels (could even hangup) if levels has a MAC format text file (CR only).
Hexoban utility to find duplicate levels
HexoDup is a utility program (no user interface, start from dos prompt).
It checks for equal levels in collections and between them. Same as SokoDUP but for Hexoban
Download HexoDUP, last version (about 80 KB)
- v 1.01 - Bug fix (thanks to Shaun Green).
- v 1.02 - Bug fix (thanks to Ming for the bug report). Incorrect read of levels (could even hangup) if levels has a MAC format text file (CR only).
Download Hexoban Editor by Victor Kindermans version 1.01 (215 KB)
29 Apr 2003, Metalica skin contributed by Gerry W.